Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The 'S' word (Sex!)



Ok, so I haven't done a post for a while, and thought I would shake things up a little bit and be brutally honest with everyone about who I am. I love having sex. With my hubby only of course.

I am curious though, sex seems to be such a taboo subject. We all have it (that's how most of us get babies!) we should all enjoy it, heck it feels good when done right!

I don't see why this subject is soooo taboo though. Obviously you're not going to go running down the street screaming "I just had sex with my partner, wooooo." But it just seems so naughty and secretive. I think this has something to do with the success of the book 50 Shades Of Grey and the following 2 book 50 Shades Darker, and 50 Shades Freed. Mum's want to be able to be open about this topic. It's fun, it feels good, and it is one of the most natural things on earth.

Obviously everyone likes different things, likes to be in control, taken control of, soft and gentle, hard and fast. Whatever 'floats your boat' is ok, as long as it is between 2 consenting adults. Sex is something that should be celebrated in my opinion.

So, back to the book. I am obsessed with it!! I think alot of mums are! For me, it's not about all the kinky fetish stuff (although, SOME of it sounds pretty fun!) but for me it's about the fact, Ana the young lady that is being seduced by Christian, a very wealthy young man (who is VERY attractive) doesn't really have to voice what she wants. It is like he just knows. To me that sounds just Devinne! Of course, this is a fantasy book and not based on reality. People don't usually have that kind of link with the brain waves to be able to sense what each other wants. But I guess I personally feel that after the 7 years hubby and I have been together, we should know to some degree what feels good for one another.

That's my thoughts anyway, the intuition between 2 people who love each other and make the choice to be together intimately, it is not a given, it has to be worked on, and alot.

Back to my original point, the word SEX shouldn't be so outcast, its a wonderful natural thing that should be savoured and enjoyed, we should be able to talk to friends about it without fear of judgement or feeling like we have been doing something naughty. Maybe it's just me that thinks this way, and I hope I don't ruffle too many feathers writing this, I just wanted it out there.

Have a great day everyone - and hopefully, you have a great night too ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment