You can use a cookie cutter to cut these into any shapes, not just trees....
- 200g butter at room temp
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/4 cup self raising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Line baking trays with baking paper. Use an electric mixer and beat butter and icing sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add honey. Beat until well combined.
- Place flours, cinnamon and milk in a bowl then add butter mixture. Mix until a dough forms. Put onto a well floured surface and knead gently until smooth. Divide dough in half and wrap each portion in glad wrap and put in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius. Using a floured rolling pin, roll one portion of dough out until about 5mm thick (they don't rise very much).
- Using a cutter, cut out biscuits and place on the trays. Re roll the left over dough and keep cutting out until it is all gone. Do this with your other portion of dough.
- Place in the oven for 10-12 minutes. Cool on tray for 5 minutes before putting on a wire rack to cool completely.
You can ice these or leave them plain, they are yummy either way. It also depends how big your cutters are as to how many you will get, but I got 30 out of my batch. :)