Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Blog Everyday In May: Day 4: Favourite Quote!

Todays topic (even though it was technically a few days ago) is....

Favourite quote (from a person, from a book, etc.) and why you love it


Well, this one was easy for me. Growing up, and now, I was/am a Klutz. Serious case of the dropsies, trip over air, that kind of thing.

My mum always used to tell me ....

"Messes can be cleaned up!"

I would often trip or drop something that made a mess, in true kid fashion.

This quote has followed me through my life with my own children. It brings a sense of calm, and can be used in all situations, not just a literal mess on the floor.

"Messes can be cleaned up" can apply to so many 'messy' areas of life.

Since my mum passed away, this quote has become my mantra, and every time I say it to myself or one of the children, it reminds me of her, and her beautiful nature.

So that is my favourite quote, the source, and the reason I love it.

This is a picture of my mum when she started to decline. She is having a talk to little Liam. Even in her pain, and despair of her diagnoses, she still had a smile for everyone, and was still telling me 'Messes can be cleaned up". Thanks Mum. xx


No comments:

Post a Comment