- 2 Tbsp oil - any will do (I used Canola.)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin (yum)
- 1kg Peeled Pumpkin (I like Butternut), peeled, diced.
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled, diced
- 1L chicken or vegetable stock (I used Chicken)
- 1/2 Cup cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat pan then add the oil (heating the pan then adding the oil after if better as you don't use as much oil as the heat doesn't evaporate it before use) over low heat. Add Garlic and Spices and stir it around for about 30 seconds.
- Add Pumpkin and Potato and stock. Bring to the boil, and simmer on low, covered for 30 minutes, or until everything is soft.
- Take it off the heat and allow it to cool down a little bit. Then blend it up in batches (it makes a fair bit and I like to double it).
- Return to the pan, stir through the cream, season with salt and pepper and gently re-heat it.
This is soooo yummy. This was my first crack at making soup with this recipe, and its a hit at this house with some little oven baked dinner rolls, or toast, or any other crunchy bread and butter.