Monday, March 5, 2012

Rice Bubble squares


I don't know about your kids,my mine LOVE those LCM bars you get at the shop. They are a ridiculous price and not very good for you at all, but goodness they are yummy. I make my own rice LCM bars though. Rice Bubble Squares. They are easy as, taste just as good, and a heck of a lot cheaper too. 



Ingredients:
  • 3 Tablespoons Butter
  • around 40 Marshmallow. About 200g
  • 6 cups rice bubbles.






 Method:
  1. Melt the butter over low heat in a saucepan.    

2. Add the Marshmallows and stir.

3. Measure the rice bubbles and put into a bowl.
(I take 1 cup out, and add 1 cup of my choice of extras, choc chips, diced fruit or sultanas)

4. Add the melted Marshmallow mixture into the rice bubbles, and stir with a non stick spatula. Make sure you do this quickly.

5. Put into pan and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. 
(I added sprinkles on top too )

6. Cut up and serve
(I put every piece into individual snap lock bags and put in the fridge for lunches through the week. Can also be frozen)

Cant forget the official taste tester, he seems to like them! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment