I got my almost 4 year old to give me a hand with little odd jobs. Goes to show, you are NEVER too young to help mummy!
I have listed below what I get my kids to do to help mummy out around the house. I have put what age the children are that are expected to do this, next to the job. I hope this helps others.
- Make bed - 3,5 &7 (I get them to make it as good as they can, and tidy it up if needed later on. I have also made it easier for them, and me, check out how here.)
- Dry dishes - 3,5&7 (I get the 5 &3yo to only dry the kids plastic stuff as I don't want them dropped!)
- Dirty clothes in the wash - everyone, even hubby!
- Tidy toys in bedrooms AND living areas - 18 months, 3, 5 &7 - this is very simple and gets them into that routine. "You make the mess, you clean it up!"
- put away their own clothes - 5 &7 - the others cant reach yet haha!
- Help with the baby - 5&7
The best thing I have ever done though, was to be ORGANISED!! You can help with that at The Organised Housewife. I have the wonderful morning and afternoon routine charts laminated and stuck on the kitchen wall. The kids race to see who can get all their jobs done first. I don't even need to ask them anymore, it is just habit. How good is that!
Have a great day
"All messes can be cleaned up!" - words of wisdom that I grew up with from my mother. Have fun with your kids and remember the mess will be waiting for you later, after you have enjoyed your life! :)