Thursday, April 12, 2012

Daily Savings Hint : Number 2


I am not a environmentally friendly nut! Don't get me wrong, I agree with it all, looking after the planet and such. I turn my lights off when not in use, we have rainwater tanks and I use enviro bags, but I don't go out of my way to cut back with all the plastic bottles I buy etc. I know, its bad.
However one thing I don't like, is chemicals in cleaners! YUCK!
I find the best cleaners are water mixed with vinegar in a spray bottle, great for bench tops, toilets, tables etc. I also find personally the ensuite sink gets really grubby (from my make up, its loose powder foundation, so of course, it goes up in a puff every morning! lol) but if I don't get to it quick enough, it sticks like glue. All I do is get a little bowl, put in some bi-carb, and enough water to make a paste. Spread it on (I use just my fingers), leave it there for a few minutes, then wipe off or rinse with water. EASY! So much better then using chemicals, and soooo much cheaper then the sprays at the shop! Also if you want a lovely smell, just put a few drops of Lavender oil in it. Give the house such a yummy smell. You can also use wedges of lemon to wipe over brass etc. and polish off with some newspaper. Lovely glow!

No comments:

Post a Comment