Friday, February 10, 2012

What a beautiful morning

As the title of these post implies, it was a really beautiful morning here at my house. It was cool, but not cold, the birds were out on the old tree outside, everything was just gorgeous.We got off to school on time this morning and it has been smooth sailing all day.
We have a house inspection today, so after a quick stop in at Aldi, we came home to clean up a few little bits and peices. The house is presentable now and the baby is sleeping, my 3yo is watching Batman on the couch and I have a cup of tea in my hand. Life is pretty good right now.


 
The mother-in-law is coming up from Melbourne this afternoon.I love when she comes up as she is the only person willing to look after all 4 of the kids if Chris and I want to do something. Plus she is a super nice lady, I am pretty lucky as far as in laws go.
I am also very excited as tonight I am getting my hair done. It has been WAAAY too long in between visits so I am really looking forward to a new me, might go a tad shorter this time.

Anyway, this morning reminded me of a story I heard a very long time ago. I cant count for its truthfulness, but it is a good story.
A University professor walked into his class one morning with a big glass jar. He filled it to the top with golf balls. He asked his students if the jar was now full. They replied yes. He then added marbles into the jar, they fell inbetween the golf balls. Is the jar full now? Yes they replied. He then proceeded to add sand. The sand went between the golf balls and the marbles and filled the jar to the top. Is the jar full now class? He asked, they replied, definatly, for sure! He then opened a bottle of wine, and poured it in. The wine soaked into the sand and filled the jar to the brim.
He went on to explain to the students that this filled jar represents life. The golf balls are the important things like family and friends and your health. The marbles went the other important things, but not essential, your job, your house, your car. The sand was everything else. If you fill your jar up with sand there is no room left for your golf balls!
One student then asked, "why the wine"?
The professor answered, "no matter how full your life is, there is always room for a bottle of wine with a friend.


I love this story, I am sure others have heard it and there are different versions, but this is mine and I love it. It is so true as well. Family first! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment